Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

I have been slacking this week. At least in the blog area; it has been very busy around here! Friday my dear old Daddy was in town to pick up my brother. He brought two of my little brothers with him; Jacob and Jared. I cooked :)

I really get so much pleasure out of feeding people. We had mashed potatoes, broccoli, biscuits, and meatloaf.

Ingredients:

- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 3/4 cup crushed saltine crackers, 10 crackers

Instructions:

- heat oven to 350 degrees, grease 5X9 loaf pan (I used a 7X11 and didn't need to grease it)
- press brown sugar into bottom of pan, spread with ketchup
- mix all remaining ingredients, shape into loaf (I mixed with a rubber spoonula so I didn't have to get my hands in the mixture)
- place loaf on top of ketchup (also did not shape into loaf, just spooned it into pan and spread out with spoon)
- bake for 1 hour

I don't have any pictures of my actual loaf




Everyone loved it! Except for Josh who is apparently freaked out by ketchup. I was surprised at how good it was. It was easy to make but takes a long time to cook. I like this recipe because the ketchup isn't overwhelming. I will probably be making this again.

Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment