Friday, March 4, 2011

Vegetable Pot Pie

Good Evening!

I recently discovered that I love to cook! It's fun and exciting to me. Every week I try out a new recipe and I think it would be fun to share! This week is vegetabale pot pie!

Ingredients:

- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 9inch pie crusts, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten

Directions:

- Set the oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine potato soup, vegetables, milk, thyme, pepper
- Spoon into bottom crust, cover with top crust, crimp edges to seal, slit top crust, brush with egg.
- Bake 40 minutes, cool 10 min.

My advice :)

To wake up the thyme spice put it into your hand and kind of crush it before you add it. Also make sure the second pie crust doesn't get too soft before you try to put it on top or it will be hard to handle!Another idea is to add some brocolli to the mixture, yumm! I'm also serving chicken breasts seasoned with savory (crushed to waken the flavor up).

Finished product:
drumroll please ..... ... ..





Ryan's and Josh's reaction/s:
Ryan said: "Man this is good, you've got to make this more often."
Josh said: "This is so good! Oh am I not supposed to eat yet?" and "I'm gonna eat the whole pie!"

My reaction:
It WAS very good and so easy to make, I will for sure be making this more often!

Thanks for reading! :)
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. You could also put some canned or cooked chicken in the pie next time.

    ReplyDelete