Thursday, May 5, 2011

Peas-and-Carrots Soup with Dumplings RRR

It's a triple R! RRR=Rachael Ray Recipe!

Ingredients:

- 2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced ( I chopped, much easier!)
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 rounded tablespoons flour
- 32 oz. or 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock ( I used veggie)
- 1 rounded tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, dill, or parsley ( I used parsley)
- 8 oz. or 2 cups prepared biscuit mix (you'll need milk for this)

( I didn't use all these ingredients; I had no celery or onion and I forgot to add the mustard)

Directions:

- Heat EVOO on med high heat in a soup pot. Add butter, melt. Add veggies, season with salt and pepper, cover pot, cook stirring occasionally until carrots are soft about 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, stir. Whisk in stock until thickened.
- Add herbs to batter, combine, form batter into dumplings using 2 spoons. Drop into bubbling soup, cover pot, cook, stir until firm about 8-10 minutes.

Finished product:

(bad photo)

Thoughts:
I loved this soup! It was sooo good and I'm not a huge soup person or a fan of carrots but this was delicious. My version was pretty thick; you can add water if you want it thinner. It was also super quick and easy to make. Husband loved it too! I WILL be making this one again.

"This may be what's for dinner" ;-)

Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment