Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fashion Isn't Free: but it can be cheap :)

Hey readers!

It has been quite a while since my last post. I have been very busy working at my internship the past two months. I'm interning at a unique little resale shop which has a wonderful mission. It is called Karman Korner Resale Shop and it helps fund Judith Karman Hospice. None of their patients ever receive a bill! How awesome is that?!




Along with hospice care Judith Karman Hospice also provides many other services for their patients and their families. Services like bereavement and pet care. The most amazing thing about the resale store, atleast to me, is that it operates solely by donations and is mostly run by volunteers!

Not only does it support a wonderful foundation but it is so much fun working there! It's like a treasure trove that is constantly being replenished with new treasures daily. The volunteers are all so kind-hearted and fun to be with.

I have done a little bit of everything from dressing mannequins, to processing donations. I was asked to script a fashion show that would be used as a fundraiser for the hospice. I was thrilled to do it and when I presented the final product my supervisor loved it so much she cried. I can't wait to get this fundraiser up and running!








I only have about 5 weeks of my internship left but I'm so in love with this store that I'm going to keep volunteering here. I have learned so much and it will help me in the future WHEN I open my own store which will have a similar mission and structure. Two of my passions in life are fashion and the environment and wouldn't you know that God showed me a way that I can bring the two together.

Feeling inspired and blessed beyond what I deserve.
With love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment