Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bubble Toes

I often find myself, when listening to music, feeling that I am the girl from the songs I hear. The artist and the character in the song change as we all do throughout our lives, though one thing never changes; I am a dreamer. I've always been a dreamer and always will be. It allows me to be whom ever I want to be and go wherever I want to go.

Well tonight I am the girl from Jack Johnson's Bubble Toes.
Or, at-least I was, the lyrics take me back to the 16 year old me: carefree, barefoot, and dancing my way through life.




It's as simple as something that nobody knows
that her eyes are as big as her bubbly toes
on the feet of a queen of the hearts of the cards
and her feet are all covered with tar balls and scars


It's as common as something that nobody knows
that her beauty will follow wherever she goes
up the hill in the back of her house in the woods
would she love me forever,
I know she could

His dreams are like commercials
But her dreams are picture perfect and
Our dreams are so related though they're often underestimated

Well I was eating lunch at the D. L. G.
When this little girl came and she sat next to me
I never seen nobody move the way she did
Well she did and she does and she'll do it again

When you move like a jellyfish
Rhythm don't mean nothing
You go with the flow
You don't stop

:)
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment